Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Challenge to The Restored Church of God

I have just sent this message to The Restored Church of God (http://www.thercg.org), which endorses faith healing as an effective treatment for sickness.

Hi,

I was shocked when I read the article "The Truth About HEALING" featured on your website, wherein you encourage people to waste their strength, time and money on faith healings. The scientific community has never seen any evidence that faith healings work, and yet you continue to spread this nonsense to sick people. It is unfortunate, and unfair to many followers who rely on you to tell the truth, that you do not have the moral need to rationally evaluate whether or not your extraordinary claims are true or not. That is a sign of a feeble mind. And the fact that you position yourselves as a teaching institution, while you have a feeble mind, is the sign of feeble morals.

In order for you to defend your reasons for spreading this hope, I hereby challenge you to provide me with proof that faith healings do work. If I am wrong, show me that I am wrong. Clearly, no response, or a response in which you decline the challenge, would signify that you can not substantiate your claims.

A copy of this message to you will be circulated on the internet.

- Marius Myburg.

No comments: