Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Daniel Krugel

It is only very recently, 6 days ago, through James Randi's newsletter, that I heard of the man named Daniel Krugel. This man, who lives in South Africa, claims that he has developed a device that can accurately locate matter - biological or non-biological - if he inputs a part of that matter, or something closely related to that matter, into the machine. For instance, he claims to be able to find missing persons if he has a piece of the missing person's hair.

Mr Krugel and his device got quite alot of attention when two parents from England contacted him, claiming that their 3-year-old daughter, Madelaine McCann, is missing. The story goes that the McCanns were staying in Portugal, in Praia da Luz, when their daughter disappeared from their hotel room while they were having dinner with friends while Madeleine stayed in the hotel room alone. The parents contacted Mr Krugel and asked him if he could locate their daughter. According to Mr Krugel, the parents provided him with something that he could use to locate Madelaine, and after 'using' his device, he said he 'thinks' that Madelaine is still in Praia da Luz.

Mr Krugel got quite alot of publicity, and was featured in two of South Africas leading investigative journalism TV shows, Carte Blanche and 3rd Degree. I used to always have respect for 3rd degree in particular. But both shows supported MR Krugel's claims, so obviously, 'investigative' does not come into the picture anymore.

This claim is obviously false. It is not possible to locate matter in this way. So I have contacted Mr Krugel and asked him about his device. I am still corresponding with Mr Krugel, and he has provided me with details that he asked me to handle confidentially, so I am not going to post our correspondences here for now. Suffice to say, Mr Krugel's recent statement to me was that his device shows that Madeleine is still in Praia da Luz.

It is perhaps quite surprising that Mr Krugel has offered to demonstrate his device to me in private. If it comes to that, I will definately take him up on his offer. But first I want to find out some more. I will keep you informed.

No comments: